This four-day instructor-led course is designed for IT professionals who configure advanced Windows Server services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. These professionals manage and support an infrastructure that includes on-premises and Azure IaaS-hosted Windows Server-based workloads. The course teaches IT professionals how to leverage the hybrid capabilities of Azure, how to migrate virtual and physical server workloads to Azure IaaS, and how to manage and secure Azure VMs running Windows Server. The course also covers how to perform tasks related to high availability, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery. The course highlights various administrative tools and technologies including Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, Azure Arc, Azure Automation Update Management, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Azure Security Center, Azure Migrate, and Azure Monitor.
This course is preparatory to Exam AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services valid for Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate. To get the certification Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate you have to pass both the exams AZ-801 and Exam AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure.
Module 1: Windows Server security
• Secure Windows Sever user accounts
• Hardening Windows Server
• Windows Server Update Management
• Secure Windows Server DNS
Module 2: Implementing security solutions in hybrid scenarios
• Implement Windows Server IaaS VM network security.
• Audit the security of Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
• Manage Azure updates
• Create and implement application allowlists with adaptive application control
• Configure BitLocker disk encryption for Windows IaaS Virtual Machines
• Implement change tracking and file integrity monitoring for Windows Server IaaS VMs
Module 3: Implementing high availability
• Introduction to Cluster Shared Volumes.
• Implement Windows Server failover clustering.
• Implement high availability of Windows Server VMs.
• Implement Windows Server File Server high availability.
• Implement scale and high availability with Windows Server VMs.
Module 4: Disaster recovery in Windows Server
• Implement Hyper-V Replica
• Protect your on-premises infrastructure from disasters with Azure Site Recovery
Module 5: Implementing recovery services in hybrid scenarios
• Protect your Azure infrastructure with Azure Site Recovery
• Protect your virtual machines by using Azure Backup
Module 6: Upgrade and migrate in Windows Server
• Active Directory Domain Services migration
• Migrate file server workloads using Storage Migration Service
• Migrate Windows Server roles
Module 7: Implementing migration in hybrid scenarios
• Migrate on-premises Windows Server instances to Azure IaaS virtual machines
• Upgrade and migrate Windows Server IaaS virtual machines
• Containerize and migrate ASP.NET applications to Azure App Service
Module 8: Server and performance monitoring in Windows Server
• Monitor Windows Server performance
• Manage and monitor Windows Server event logs
• Implement Windows Server auditing and diagnostics
• Troubleshoot Active Directory
Module 9: Implementing operational monitoring in hybrid scenarios
• Monitor Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines and hybrid instances
• Monitor the health of your Azure virtual machines by using Azure Metrics Explorer and metric alerts
• Monitor performance of virtual machines by using Azure Monitor VM Insights
• Troubleshoot on-premises and hybrid networking
• Troubleshoot Windows Server Virtual Machines in Azure