Descrizione del corso
The Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover training course is a three-day technical course focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 solution. With extensive hands-on labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively protect and manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to business in the digital world.
This course is based on Veeam Backup & Replication v12, part of Veeam Data Platform.
Courses are delivered with the collaboration of Veeam Authorized Training Center (VMAEC)
Vouchers are selled separately
- Review of Veeam Data Platform and introduction to the class scenario.
- Describe strategies and tools to secure the Veeam backup server to avoid unauthorized access and data leaks.
- Achieve application-consistent backups of virtual machines while maintaining operating system secure authentication.
- Efficiently protect VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines based on well-defined SLAs through the creation of backup jobs.
- Identify the use of protection groups to automate the installation of Veeam Agents and protecting workloads with agent backup jobs.
- List required components and features available to protect NAS solutions.
- Analyze features and settings that allow backup storage optimization, faster backups and data consistency.
- Describe backup data protection mechanisms to avoid premature deletion and unwanted modifications.
- Identify characteristics and deployment steps of Linux Hardened Repositories to achieve backup data immutability.
- Describe use cases, advantages and considerations to implement object storage solutions as Veeam backup repositories.
- List deployment options and additional settings to improve general backup solution performance.
- Describe use cases, architectures and features of replication jobs and continuous data protection (CDP) policies.
- Ensure recoverability and adhere to the 3-2-1 Rule with backup copy jobs.
- List different mechanisms for data archiving, including grandfather-father-son retention policies.
- Describe architecture, placement policies, data tiers and management of Scale-out Backup Repositories (SOBRs).
- Identify use cases for virtual machine and backup migrations with VeeaMover.
- Create automated tests to ensure recoverability from backups and replicas.
- Describe the use cases for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Choose from different methods to recover a virtual machine from the backup.
- Securely restore a server after a ransomware incident with malware scanning of volumes directly from the backup and as part of the restore process.
- Explore available options to restore data from agent backups.
- Use Veeam Explorers™ to recover application items directly from image-level backups.
- Restore guest operating system files directly from image-level backups and from diverse guest file systems.
- Describe virtual machine states available when recovering a virtual machine from its replica and mechanisms to avoid data loss and interdependent services recovery.
- List steps and considerations to instantly recover an entire file share from its backup.